Advertise on Shadowville
You must be logged in to post
 
Search Forums:


 




Do you believe in God?

UserPost

2:46 pm
August 21, 2009


zyontheking

Seasoned Veteran

Posts: 734

1

First off I would like to say that I believe in God and not RELIGION. I think religion is crooked and misconstrued to every degree. But, I would like to make an argument for why I believe with a series of questions.

Why would I continue on the path that I am on if I did feel a noticeable difference from my past life? How can LIFE come from NO LIFE? How is it that sexual organs developed when asexual reproduction is MUCH more effective as opposed to two genders?

Consider this very simple and plain to see fact; If evolution was true, and birds EVOLVED from land dwellers, how could wings form? The process of the WING developing would render the land dweller a useless LEG far before it rendered him a GOOD wing. And through the process of selective characteristics, the bad LEG would be weeded out before it became a GOOD wing. And interesting view I always thought.

I don't care if you believe or not, I won't poke fun or put you down for it, and I expect the same. And if you do have a LOGICAL and STRONG argument I will genuinely listen and appreciate your opinion.

So lets hear it!

” i’d rather get butt plugged by spadez and phaze ” - Grim Demize www.myspace.com/zyontheking


advertisements

3:04 pm
August 21, 2009


Rozwell©

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 3294

Abortion Clinic in the Witching Hour…

2

I have a complex belief system, that evolves, but to the core elements, I hold strong to…


I believe in God(s), as in we were created as the bible, and other religious documents have said… but I also believe in evolution, because that is a theory that has been tested and proved many times in science…

Now I've done research on ancient civilazations, especially the Sumerians, and I've found the missing links between how we went from primitive mammals to humans… And from decifering ancient Sumerian glyphs it shows, at least to me, that they(The Gods) used complicated genetics to create us because the Sumerians were highly knowledgeable for their time… for 4500 BC they knew about planet locations, had advanced systems of law set-up… created music, and other advancements… who taught them this?


Short answer… yes, I believe in God… 

3:06 pm
August 21, 2009


alex_delarge

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 3444

3

Religion was created to satisfy people's fear of Death, which is why most depict afterlifes.

If religious scripture stated that human are to be erased from existence, with no type of utopia/dystopia to greet them, there would be no point.

You love Jesus? No…You just either don't want to go to “Hell,” or the thought of Death terrifies you.

Honestly, aside from when times like this arise, I don't pay attention to Religion, I just live my life how I want to, and when it's my time, s**t, that's it!

At any rate, there are too many threads like this.

Shadow, Cobra, lock it! haha Cool


3:11 pm
August 21, 2009


Fims of Neurominded

Shadowvillian

Posts: 1441

4

Rozwell said:

I have a complex belief system, that evolves, but to the core elements, I hold strong to…


I believe in God(s), as in we were created as the bible, and other religious documents have said… but I also believe in evolution, because that is a theory that has been tested and proved many times in science…

Now I've done research on ancient civilazations, especially the Sumerians, and I've found the missing links between how we went from primitive mammals to humans… And from decifering ancient Sumerian glyphs it shows, at least to me, that they(The Gods) used complicated genetics to create us because the Sumerians were highly knowledgeable for their time… for 4500 BC they knew about planet locations, had advanced systems of law set-up… created music, and other advancements… who taught them this?


Short answer… yes, I believe in God… 


evolution contradicts the idea of a supreme being.

Douche In Training

3:16 pm
August 21, 2009


Rozwell©

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 3294

Abortion Clinic in the Witching Hour…

5

fims said:

Rozwell said:

I have a complex belief system, that evolves, but to the core elements, I hold strong to…


I believe in God(s), as in we were created as the bible, and other religious documents have said… but I also believe in evolution, because that is a theory that has been tested and proved many times in science…

Now I've done research on ancient civilazations, especially the Sumerians, and I've found the missing links between how we went from primitive mammals to humans… And from decifering ancient Sumerian glyphs it shows, at least to me, that they(The Gods) used complicated genetics to create us because the Sumerians were highly knowledgeable for their time… for 4500 BC they knew about planet locations, had advanced systems of law set-up… created music, and other advancements… who taught them this?


Short answer… yes, I believe in God… 


evolution contradicts the idea of a supreme being.


What if the supreme being, and what he/they have created are ever evolving…? I don't see a condradiction in that…

4:34 pm
August 21, 2009


KoLyric

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 3794

6

Post edited 3:52 pm - August 21, 2009 by KoLyric


lmfao oh man


i remember the first time i posted a thread about religion


but yeah, anyways


Gods phony =]

Withered Wallflower (Nothing is Sacred) out now

5:01 pm
August 21, 2009


GC Da Don

Veteran

Posts: 344

Born in NY, but raised in WPB (561) FL

7

I know I Do. And that's without any fear of death or the after life.

FREE REMY MA / R.I.P. Ryan “Woodie” Wood

5:12 pm
August 21, 2009


alex_delarge

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 3444

8

GC Da Don said:

I know I Do. And that's without any fear of death or the after life.


You don't fear death because you think there is a grand happiness awaiting you once you experience it. Don't lie to us and say that you believe in God for the sheer sake of believing, you are not Superman, you are scared of being erased from existence just like every living person with a half-way decent life.

5:43 pm
August 21, 2009


Dizzy C

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 4430

Conway, SC

9

i believe in God cause i kno he does mircales :) and it very true

Open up ya mind and eat away at ya concious.

5:57 pm
August 21, 2009


p!!kk

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 4921

10

Xehanort said:

GC Da Don said:

I know I Do. And that's without any fear of death or the after life.


You don't fear death because you think there is a grand happiness awaiting you once you experience it. Don't lie to us and say that you believe in God for the sheer sake of believing, you are not Superman, you are scared of being erased from existence just like every living person with a half-way decent life.


Even some who believe in god fear death. I think people who believe in god, actually fear death, more then someone who doesnt. Either way, why go after someone like that?

As for this thread, I believe there's a higher force out there, but nothing god-like in the speaking of an entity or savior. I actually believe life is an experiment gone wrong. As for something can't come from nothing, you're right. It'd have to be here, ever since time itself. As for human logic, it cant explain that, because real logic is far more advanced then human logic will ever be. Human logic was created by, humans. It's something we invented to help 'US' understand things that can't be explained. As far as the universe is concerned, our logic is nothing.