Advertise on Shadowville
You must be logged in to post
 
Search Forums:


 




Most Overrated/Underrated Rapper

UserPost

12:25 am
April 21, 2009


yagami

Journeyman

Posts: 85

41

Rozwell said:

Overrated - Lil' Wayne, and most mainstream rappers today, because you can never tell for sure if they have ghost writers like Dr.Dre, P.Diddy, ect. It's pretty sad if they do because a lot of thier lyrics are elementary… and most of the beats are the same… most of mainstream rap is in a bad place right now…


Underrated - Big Pun, Canibus, Ill Bill, Viruoso, Copywrite, Apathy… could name more but thats a good list… to me the east coast holds it down lyrically, and with the grit that hip-hop needs today… I just don't see how people connect with rappers talkin' about thier millions or partying… when a lot of people are struggling…


that s**ts the souths fault

them rappers ruined hip hop

we the east and west was on top we had some ill s**t

but now we let the south get on top an we get s**t like do the stanky leg…


overrated-biggie

underrated-common

1:05 am
April 21, 2009


zinn

Shadowvillian

Posts: 1423

Midwest

42

Post edited 12:07 am - April 21, 2009 by zinn


yagami said:

Rozwell said:

Overrated - Lil' Wayne, and most mainstream rappers today, because you can never tell for sure if they have ghost writers like Dr.Dre, P.Diddy, ect. It's pretty sad if they do because a lot of thier lyrics are elementary… and most of the beats are the same… most of mainstream rap is in a bad place right now…


Underrated - Big Pun, Canibus, Ill Bill, Viruoso, Copywrite, Apathy… could name more but thats a good list… to me the east coast holds it down lyrically, and with the grit that hip-hop needs today… I just don't see how people connect with rappers talkin' about thier millions or partying… when a lot of people are struggling…


that s**ts the souths fault

them rappers ruined hip hop

we the east and west was on top we had some ill s**t

but now we let the south get on top an we get s**t like do the stanky leg…


overrated-biggie

underrated-common


its not the souths fault by any means, there are bulls**t rappers everywhere, region, and country. but it was something new, so ppl went towards

lets not forget, T.I, Outkast, and Ludacris are from the South,

Over rated: Lil Wayne, 2pac, Biggie..Biggie…Biggie, Necro, Eminem, C2H, Playboy, Zinn

Under Rated: Copywrite, Aesop Rock, Cage Kennylz (during and before hell's winter) Lupe Fiasco, Ill Bill, C2H, Playboy, Zinn

and f**k u b*tch ass f**ks on that Kanye West Shit lol, I actually think Kanye is the illest mainstream artist out currently..he has something a lot of people, mainstream and underground are lacking..and thats originality. he constantly sets trends in hip hop. and can adapt someone elses s**t and do it well (i.e autotune)

And the dude isn't gay..he just doesn't have an issue with gay ppl (<<now how bad would that blow up in my face if he came out?? ROFL)


Yagami is soooo right about biggie though… idk about Common, he's from Chi..but has more of a NY swag

Before you head out like a newborn….

1:27 am
April 21, 2009


D MIC aka SLEDGE

Veteran

Posts: 421

Rose Park, SLC, UT, USA

43

He's looked at as a joke.. and yet id say Soilja boy is supremely over rated…


Underrated… man how come tech just barely hit 1 million sales total with the release of killer… that s**ts wack man…

if anyone here, that actually knows anything about tech, thinks he doesnt have what it takes to eat the industry alive… please get at me so i can tell you how wrong youare

MIND OVER MATTER

1:32 am
April 21, 2009


alex_delarge

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 3444

44

zinn said:

Post edited 1:07 am - April 21, 2009 by zinn


overrated Eminem


How in lords name is EMINEM overrated? If anything…he's underrated O.o

“These critics crucify you, journalists try to burn you, fans turn on you…”

1:33 am
April 21, 2009


alex_delarge

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 3444

45

DJ D MIC said:

He's looked at as a joke.. and yet id say Soilja boy is supremely over rated…


Underrated… man how come tech just barely hit 1 million sales total with the release of killer… that s**ts wack man…

if anyone here, that actually knows anything about tech, thinks he doesnt have what it takes to eat the industry alive… please get at me so i can tell you how wrong youare


I agree 100% with this mans post.

But Tech N9ne isn't underrated because he's HAD his chances to eat up the industry by entering the mainstream, and did he take it? Nope.

2:01 am
April 21, 2009


STRiFEDiViNE

Posts: 4608

Shadowvilles Battlefields

46

Ahlex said:

DJ D MIC said:

He's looked at as a joke.. and yet id say Soilja boy is supremely over rated…


Underrated… man how come tech just barely hit 1 million sales total with the release of killer… that s**ts wack man…

if anyone here, that actually knows anything about tech, thinks he doesnt have what it takes to eat the industry alive… please get at me so i can tell you how wrong youare


I agree 100% with this mans post.

But Tech N9ne isn't underrated because he's HAD his chances to eat up the industry by entering the mainstream, and did he take it? Nope.


Thats because,

“THE INDUSTRIE'S A BUNCH OF FUCKEN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!”

2:54 am
April 21, 2009


TRUE GRIT

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 2702

Queens NY

47

Post edited 1:55 am - April 21, 2009 by true grit of dp


over-rated: asher roth, papoose, lupe, young jeezy, 50 cent, game, benefit


under-rated: beanie siegel, cage, sheik louch, jojo pellegrino, busta rhymes


over-rated producers: scott storch, jazzy phaye, wyclef jean


under-rated producers: hi-tek, heatmakers(dipset),alchemist, easy mo bee, marly marl, pete rock, L.E.S.

TRUE GRIT - “BAD TASTE ” Official Hard-Copy and Digital DL available NOW! at http://goldmindedrecords.com/store/1290/true-grit-bad-taste/

2:56 am
April 21, 2009


TRUE GRIT

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 2702

Queens NY

48

Ahlex said:

zinn said:

Post edited 1:07 am - April 21, 2009 by zinn


overrated Eminem


How in lords name is EMINEM overrated? If anything…he's underrated O.o

“These critics crucify you, journalists try to burn you, fans turn on you…”


take it easy stan

TRUE GRIT - “BAD TASTE ” Official Hard-Copy and Digital DL available NOW! at http://goldmindedrecords.com/store/1290/true-grit-bad-taste/

3:05 am
April 21, 2009


alex_delarge

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 3444

49

Post edited 2:07 am - April 21, 2009 by Ahlex


true grit of dp said:

Ahlex said:


How in lords name is EMINEM overrated? If anything…he's underrated O.o

“These critics crucify you, journalists try to burn you, fans turn on you…”


take it easy stan


lol how typical…can't come up with a sensible argument to prove my statement wrong so he implies that I'm d**k riding(or Stan)…duck chis tock sude.

Edit: And how is Benefit overrated? You sure you're not just saying that because he ate you up all those years ago? lol jk that would be ignorant of me to think that…but seriously, how is he overrated, not too many big circles are aware of his existence, and he would've been great if he would've kept at it, no?


3:10 am
April 21, 2009


Rozwell©

Master Shadowvillian

Posts: 3294

Abortion Clinic in the Witching Hour…

50

Ahlex said:

DJ D MIC said:

He's looked at as a joke.. and yet id say Soilja boy is supremely over rated…


Underrated… man how come tech just barely hit 1 million sales total with the release of killer… that s**ts wack man…

if anyone here, that actually knows anything about tech, thinks he doesnt have what it takes to eat the industry alive… please get at me so i can tell you how wrong youare


I agree 100% with this mans post.

But Tech N9ne isn't underrated because he's HAD his chances to eat up the industry by entering the mainstream, and did he take it? Nope.


Your right… Tech did have his chances, and he still does, but I think he changed his orginal style to gain fame and money… which to me is a little b*tch made… but that's a lot of people's mentality these days… I've been listening to Tech since Angellic dropped… and I thought it was dope, with the heavy west-coast influence and a machine gun flow which is his trademark… To me he was a more toned down, slick, X-Raided or Young Droop which are hero's are mine… I respect everything he did for the midwest… My boy Excaliber has produced a few tracks for him, and Strange Music, and any dude that helps out us lower level cats get some exposure deserves some props…