I'm putting together a mixtape to raise money for Barnardo's children's charity. I haven't quite learned how to properly go about it but I've ordered a fundraising pack. Anyone who would like to get involved can PM me with any questions and concerns, ideas, or whatever else you want to talk about. To get the general distrust issues out of the way, here is part of my plan
1. Create a paypal account strictly for making Barnardo's donations.
2. Sell the mixtape both digitally and physically through a variety of mediums. (I will order physical copies to fundraise directly if I can.
3. With the money made from the first run of orders, I will start a bank account strictly for the purpose of making charitable donations to pool the money from sales into.
4. I will direct debit the donation money to Barnardo's in frequent intervals. Probably once a month or just whenever a certain sum has been reached from sales.
5. I will publish all details of the donation transactions including reciepts in PDF files online, so everyone can get a honest picture of where there money is going.
1. The original artist retains all rights to the song(s) they submit EXCEPT for that I will retain the right to continually distribute the amalgamated composition on the 1 mixtape alone for non profit charitable purposes.
2. You must own all rights to the beat/instrumental/whatever that you submit. These need to be exclusive beats that you either made yourself, bought, or were given. No leases or bootlegs. I will screen carefully for this. No illegal samples.
3. When you submit the song, you relinquish all rights to profit from any mixtape sales. This is for charity. No snakey bullshit on myself or anyones part will be tolerated.
4. Your submission must be dope. No sucky low quality shit. Saying its for charity is all good, but people still wont buy it if it sucks. You are welcome to submit old stuff, but please try to liase with producers to make something new and exciting.
5. Finally, I'm all about being grim as fuck, but this is a project for a children's charity, so try to keep the foul language and offensive stuff to a minimum. You dont necessarily have to be positive it can still be dark or grim as you want, but no cheap shock value shit like rapping about killing babies and that kind of crap.
6. I own the mixtape. No one else. You still own your songs, but the tape for all sales for charitable purposes remains mine as I said. Just to re-iterate. I also retain the right to post your songs anywhere for free promo purposes for the tape. So it may end up on radio stations and shit if its good enough(wishful thinking on all our parts, but nonetheless).
Also I forgot to mention earlier, I am accepting any genres for this. Pop, rock, black metal, whatever! Send any submissions for review to my inbox. Serious heads only please.